Thursday, October 4, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Spooky Books - Dracula vs King Arthur


It is no secret that I consider Dracula one the greatest characters of all time. I'm very picky when it comes to stories featuring the "Prince of Darkness" and there are oh-so-many, but too few get him right. Since he is a public domain character, he is available to anyone and just about everyone has!

(Coming next year - Tiki Zombie vs Dracula! Not! Well, maybe. Stay tuned.)

I feel the same way about Arthur Pendragon, so I was both excited and apprehensive about reading the first issue of Dracula vs King Arthur when it was released. I'm pleased to say that it is a well-written story and treats both characters fairly. Rather than an exploitation of two fair use properties, the creators actually care about the them and present a wonderful "What If?" story.

And for anyone in the Nashville area, you're in for a treat! Artist Chris Moreno will be a guest at the Nashville Comic and Horror Festival this weekend! I'll be there too, so after you meet Chris, come by the ESO table and say "Howdy!"


No comments: