Monday, October 29, 2012

Countdown to Halloween Spooky Books - Scarlet by Gaslight


On the special Earth Station Boo podcast, one of guests is writer Martin Powell. We've had him on our podcast a few times now and I must admit that it is a struggle for me not to be too much of a fanboy when he's on the show. I very much enjoy his work, starting with the Scarlet in Gaslight series in the early 1990's. I did not think a crossover story with two of my all-time literary characters could be done successfully, but I'll be darned if he didn't pull it off! And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the amazing work by artist Seppo Makinen.

Last year, Pulp 2.0 Press released a 25th Anniversary Edition (which made me feel old). Out of all the crossover stories I've mentioned this month (and a ton of those I haven't), this one is my personal favorite. I hope the other continuing stories, especially Ghosts of Dracula, will be reprinted as well.

No comments: