Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cover Rave - Uncle Scrooge #125

Earlier this week, I completed the script for the first story to be featured in Tiki Zombie #2 and it was very inspired by a comic I've had for as long as I can remember, Uncle Scrooge #125. I only recently discovered that the Carl Barks story featured in this issue, "Hall of the Mermaid Queen," was originally published in 1967 and I had the 1976 reprint in my collection. The year of publication matters not, since the story is timeless as much of Barks' works. In my mind, Carl Barks is one of the most underrated comic creators storytellers of all time. He's often recognized for his beautiful illustrations (and righty so), but his writing is so skillful, particularly characterizations. Barks is one of the true masters and if you are unfamiliar with his work, you owe it to yourself to check out any one of his efforts, though I would strongly suggest one that takes place in Duckburg.

Uncle Scrooge #125
Artist: Carl Banks

No comments: