Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Elisabeth Sladen 1948 - 2011

It was quite a shock today to learn of the passing of actress Elisabeth Sladen at the all-too-young age of 63. Like many Doctor Who fanboys of the 70's and 80's, she caught my attention as journalist Sarah Jane Smith. I am not at all ashamed to admit that while I lusted after Louise Jameson as Leela, I fell in love with Sarah Jane. And when she appeared with the tenth Doctor in 2006, I fell in love with her all over again. I've heard many say that she was just as nice a person as her character and I regret that I was not able to thank her personally for the years of entertainment. To say she will be missed is a huge understatement. I'm very pleased that we will be recording a tribute to her on next week's ESO podcast. I am eager to watch her adventures again.

No comments: