Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LCS Tour - Galactic Quest Lawrenceville

Galactic Quest
Lawrenceville, GA

This year will mark the 20th anniversary of Galactic Quest, and I have been a subscriber at the Lawrenceville store for over 15 years. Over the years, both the store and myself have had our share of ups and downs, but my stack has been consistently there for me each and every week. I used to think that it would be cool to own a comic store, but Kyle (the owner) made me realize that it is not enough to provide comics for folks each and every week, you must also build a community. Over the years, I've seen gaming tournaments, 24-hour artist marathons, art exhibitions, locally televised events, movie screenings, concerts, signings, and even a live podcast recording (co-hosted by yours truly just this past weekend). Not only do I appreciate the store as a fanboy, but as a creator as well. So please be sure to visit Galactic Quest, and if you do so on a Friday late afternoon, odds are I'll be there picking up my books!

No comments: