Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cover Rave - Mystery Society (tpb)

It has been a while since I posted a fave cover, but when my monthly order from DCBS arrived this week, I had to share one of my favorite pieces of artwork from 2010! Last year, I was very excited to read this mini series from IDW after seeing this image, which was a variant cover for Mystery Society #1. I like Steve Niles and would have checked this out anyway. I also knew Fiona Staple's work from Done to Death and Vampirella, but to be honest, the names attached to this project were meaningless to me after seeing this image. It has a sense of fun, adventure, and sexiness that appeals to me as much as cheese on a pizza! (That's a lot, by the way.) And I am very pleased to report that this is a definite case of being able to judge a book by the cover. The book is one of my faves from last year and I want more stories of the Mystery Society!

Mystery Society (tpb)
Artist: Fiona Staples

No comments: