Sunday, November 7, 2010

Countdown to Halloween - Epilogue

Halloween 2010 has come and gone and I believe I have recovered enough for the extremely busy month ahead. I want to thank the folks at CountdowntoHalloween and I hope everyone who checked out the "treats" on my blog this year were not disappointed. I admit I was not as organized as I would have liked, but I have some ideas for 2011 that I hope will more than make up for it. In addition to the blog, this year's Halloween was a good one for me. I gave away over 50 mini-comics to boys and girls (and even a few adults!). Rereading comic adaptations of Bram Stoker's classic story was very fun. And my Monster Movie Mini Fest was again a success. I loved seeing Tales of Terror and The Curse of Frankenstein for the first time and rewatching The Day of the Triffids. Frankly, The Return of Dracula was not quite to my liking - it was a bit like a an unsuccessful mash up of Dracula and Shadow of a Doubt - but it did not mar the evening in any way.

However, the highlight of the weekend was definitely the premiere of The Walking Dead on AMC! The producers did an excellent job of bring the comic to life and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. Likewise, I will be watching The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror and Family Guy Halloween-themed episodes tonight, as I say goodbye to this year's season and begin the Countdown to Halloween 2011!

Tales of Terror by Peter Cutler

No comments: