Saturday, October 24, 2009

Monster Mike's Mini Marathon Movie #3

Due to the fact that Halloween is on a Saturday this year, I can stay up a while later than on a "work night," so I'll be watching more movies! My third choice for the evening is not so much horror as it is action/adventure, but I think the title and look of the main character justifies it being included. And I have been waiting a long time to see this again!

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh is a three-part miniseries that aired on The Wonderful World of Disney is 1964. it was also released overseas as a feature film titled, Dr. Syn, Alias The Scarecrow. Patrick McGoohan plays Christopher Syn, an 18th century smuggler who was the main character in a series of novels by by Russell Thorndike. When I saw the miniseries in the 70's, it was cut down to two parts, but still made an impression. I specifically recall gothic images of the Scarecrow on horseback terrifying the King's men into submission. I am looking forward to seeing this series in its entirety.

No comments: