Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Funnies - Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith is one funny dude! He's made some hilarious movies to be sure, but I think he's also one of the best monologists around. I had the pleasure of seeing him in person at DragonCon many many years ago (just after Mallrats was released on video) and I have been a fan of his narratives ever since. His stories are interesting, he has great timing in his delivery and most of all, he's not afraid to tell the truth. In fact, he can be too candid at times.

If you have not checked them out already, I recommend viewing An Evening with Kevin Smith, An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder, and Sold Out: A Threevening with Kevin Smith. If you get the chance to see him in person, do it. Last month, he performed at Carnegie Hall. I heard awesome reviews, but I do not think it was recorded (why not???). Smith will have a panel at SDCC this year and he's on a mini-tour this fall. No Atlanta dates have been announced as of yet. Visit ViewAskew for more details.

If Kevin is not coming to a city or town near you, do not fret. You can hear him Scott Mosier on the weekly SModcast via iTunes or Quick Stop Entertainment.

No comments: